Tuesday 15 April 2014

The Ballad of Sam and Nona

He came from the dust of bullets and muck
and she with the grace of lilacs and such
Between the two was one fierce soul
two halves that made a whole

Together they could not be beat
he made her tough she made him sweet
they made their way and paid the toll
and slowly grew into two sacred souls.





*****



The Toads are writing Ballads today. I've been away from my poetry for a while busy working of some other projects. This was a good one to get back on tract. I think there's more here but for today that all I got.




6 comments:

  1. love it.....that is what love should do

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightful, Sam. I'm so happy for both of you. Thanks for responding to my style challenge.
    Hugs, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww love it and love you xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a sweet love ballad, Sam ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping for a visit. You comments are appreciated.